Saturday, August 8, 2009

Happy Retirement Granddaddy!

Today we hosted a Retirement party for my Dad (Serif's Granddaddy). I was amazed at how well the turn out was and how excited everyone was to come out to Nashville and help celebrate this special occasion. Most people drove 40 minutes or more just to be there and it really meant a lot to me and my Dad. Thanks to all who came out and celebrated with us!!!

Serif was a bit under the weather for the occasion. He started running a fever Friday night and by this morning it was up to 101.4. He stayed pretty fussy all morning. You could see it in his eyes that he just didn't feel well. Jeff stayed in Serif's room with him during the majority of the party. He finally fell asleep (after hours of fighting it) and he slept for a good hour or so. He finally got to come and see everyone before they all left. We had to get atleast one photo of him with Granddaddy!

The above photo is Serif, me, my Dad (Granddaddy) and my sister Gerrie. Brother where were you in this one? We got a lot of photos of the party, but they didn't all turn out that well. I'm the amateur with Jeff's camera and mine died on me after the first 4 photos were taken. Many of the photos blurred, but I'll still post them to snapfish and email them out so everyone can view all the fun. Thanks again to everyone that came and Happy Retirement Dad!!!! We love you!!!

1 comment:

e, m and e j said...

what a great, great photo! i love love love it! sorry that serif didn't feel better, poor little guy. but glad that the party was such a success!
loveu
m