Wednesday, August 5, 2009

9 Months and 1 Day

Serif turned 9 months on Thursday. Lately, our routine has been that I will take Serif to daycare in the mornings and Jeff will pick him up. I've been really busy at work again lately and have been working some over-time hours to meet some deadlines. Friday was the normal routine as Jeff picked up the boy. I received a call about 30 minutes or so later and could hear Serif in the background fussing . . . not happy. Jeff didn't know what was going on and he noticed a bottle was missing from his diaper bag. (They usually put his empty bottles in the diaper bag as soon as they're finished with them.) He asked if I would call daycare to confirm that he had taken his last bottle for the day because he couldn't quite figure out what all this fuss was about. I called and they had put the bottle in the wrong bag and Serif had eaten fine . . . that was not the problem. About 45 minutes later, I get another call from Jeff. He says, 'Guess what your son just did?' I said, 'What?' He says, 'He just crawled! He took 6 little 'crawls/steps' straight towards Helmut.' Hahaha - of course he would chase the dog right off the bat! YAY he's finally done it! All weekend he has been crawling like mad. If you're not in the same room with him you can tell his crawling because you hear a 'hu-uh-hu-uh-hu-uh' as his excitement climbs and confidence builds. He can't crawl without making that noise and it's so funny!

Sorry to keep this from you for almost a week now. I've wanted to keep the posts in order, but it's getting hard as of late. The above photo was taken today (almost a week later).
I'll have to post the video from Saturday when I get more time. So come back later.

No comments: